Advantages and Disadvantages of Crib Bumpers for Your Baby
As parents, you would want the best thing for your baby, and you continuously work toward keeping them safe. The crib bumper is one of the products available in the market that has become questionable about its safety.
If you wonder whether a crib bumper is necessary for your baby, then this write-up is entirely for you. In this article, we will explain what crib bumper is, its functionality and whether it is safe for your baby.
Overview of Crib Bumpers:
A crib bumper is a cotton pad, specifically designed to lie around the interior sides. The product’s main idea is to prevent babies from getting the leg or arm stuck between the slats or banging their heads accidentally.
However, you should not confuse crib bumper to a crib liner though they are quite similar. A crib bumper comes inside the crib, and it provides a protective barrier so that your baby does not get stuck or touch the slats. Besides, a crib bumper is more fluffy that a crib liner.
Reasons to Use:
- Crib bumpers can prevent head concussions if your baby falls to the crib sides.
- It can not only protect your baby’s head but also other body parts.
- It can also prevent injuries such as bone fractures.
- It provides peace of mind.
Reasons Not to Use:
- It increases the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) due to reduced airflow.
- Injury from entrapment.
- Death from suffocation.
- Bumper pads can assist toddlers in climbing off the crib.
- It can contribute to crib clutter.
Biloban Baby Bedding is a manufacturer of baby bedding products. Our aim is to offer super comfortable baby bedding products in affordable price.